2 nights in a riad or hotel + 2 nights lodging3 nights at the camp in tents.
Climate : during the winter the nights are really cold but the days are warm and pleasant.
The Saghro is a volcanic massif at the south of the Dades Valley, inhabited by the nomads Ait Ata, and has diversified scenery : volcanics rocks and montains, oasis and palm -groves, narrow gullet and villages in adobe clay.
Duration : 8 days with 4 days walking
Level : middle
Period : beginning of September to the end of December, beginning of March to the end of June.
Tariff for one person at departure of Marrakech :
- 4 to 5 persons : 350 €
- 6 to 8 persons : 325 €
- 9 to 13 persons : 300 €
- 14 to 18 persons : 280 €
- 19 to 23 persons : 255 €
- 24 to 30 persons : 235 €
Tariff for one person at departure of
- 4 to 5 persons : 305 €
- 6 to 8 persons : 280 €
- 9 to 13 persons : 255 €
- 14 to 18 persons : 220 €
- 19 to 23 persons : 200 €
- 24 to 30 persons : 180 €
Included in the price :
- Greeted at the airport, transfer to riad Omar at Djamaa El Fana. Or hôtel à Ouarzazate (to return)
- 2 nights at the riad in Marrakech on half board (round trip) or hotel at Ouarzazate.
- Return transfers from Marrakech to Ouarzazate or Ouarzazate to Marrakech (depending on your choice of arrival and return of the 2 cities)
- Full board on arrival in Morocco to return.
- Services of muleteers with their pack mules + services of a cook
- Services of trained guide + bivouac equipment and kitchen/food
- 2 nights lodging + entertainment (folklore at last lodge)
The price does not include :
- repatriation insurance + entry to historical monuments
- personal drinks +lunch on day 8 in Marrakech or Ouarzazate
- Tips for team members
Day 01 : Arrival at the airport at Marrakech or Ouarzazate, and transfer to the hotel in 10 minutes.
Day 02 : Departure by minibus or 4×4 to Ouarzazate via Dades Boumalne, Rose Valley and Skoura. Arriving at the village Tagdilt north of Jbel Saghro, night deposit, 340 km from Marrakech 6 h 30 min drive. Ouarzazate 2 h 30 min, 150 km.
Day 03 : Tagdilt / Amda-n- Oughyoul 5 hour walk.
Early morning easy climb to the north side of Mount Saghro (400m above sea level), and enjoy panoramic views of the snowy High Atlas mountain chain. Camp.
Day 04 : Amda-n-Oughyoul /Igli (2200 m in altitude) (4 to 5 hour walk)
Passage through Kouaouch (2500 m). Here the landscape changes and the view is dominated by pre-Saharan and Central High Atlas mountains. Descend to Igli among the mid-rocky peaks. Camp at Igli at 2200 m altitude.
Day 05 : Igli / Bâb-n- Ali (2000 m) (5 to 6 hour walk) :
We hike down the small gorges to reach the site of Bâb-n-Ali, where two tall rocky peaks stand as a gate (Gate of Ali). Camp at 2000 m.
Day 06 : Bâb-n-Ali / Assaka-n-Aït Ouzzine/Handour (1800 m)
Arrive at the village of Assaka after 3-4 hour walk, have lunch. Continuing in the afternoon, descend down the valley to the large village of Handour and stay the night, and have an evening of traditional dancing and singing. About a 6 h 30 min walk.
Day 07 : Handour/ Nkoub/ Ouarzazate/ col tichka/ Marrakech
Transfer by 4×4 or minibus to Ouarzazate 157 km, or Marrakech à 357 km. 6 h 30 mn at 7am, passing the night in a riad at Djemaa El Fana.
Day 08 : Marrakech/Airport/ Flight …
Transfer to the airport for departure